- Bring water to a boil, season with 1 Tbsp salt/L of water.
- In a separate pan large enough to contain the pasta and sauce, add the Pine Nut Soffritto with 2-3 Tbsp pasta water. Warm the sauce over low heat.
- Drop the Caramelle into boiling salted water. Allow to cook for about 2.5 minutes.
- Strain the pasta into a basket or colander, or remove with a wire skimmer.
- Transfer to pan with the sauce and bring a few more tablespoons pasta water along with it.
- Allow to simmer together for 1-2 minutes over medium high heat, gently tipping the pan away from and back toward you, or use a rotating motion to keep your pasta moving. You just want to avoid allowing the pasta to sit in one spot where they may get stuck to the pan. If the sauce seems a little tight, add a splash of water, bring to a simmer and swirl the pan one last time. Remove from heat.
- Once the pasta appears glazed and well coated, serve and enjoy.
- Parmesan, pecorino or any grated cheese you like
- Fresh herbs like minced chives, basil or parsley
- Either a fresh squeeze of lemon, drizzle of olive oil or knob of butter at the end
- If you like this extra garlicky, toast a few slivers of garlic in oil before Step 2
- Fried bread crumbs (toast panko in enough olive oil to lightly coat in your oven for 3-5 minutes, stirring midway through, season with tiny bit of salt)
Pasta: 00 Pasta Flour, Egg, Olive Oil, Salt, Ricotta, Burrata, Lemon, Pepper, Salt, Lemon Agrumato
Sauce: Olive Oil, Pine Nuts, Lemon, Garlic, Shallot, Rosemary, Lemon Agrumato, Sugar, Salt