- Bring water to a boil, season with 1 Tbsp salt/L of water.
- In a separate pan large enough to contain the pasta and sauce, add the Mushroom Ragù with 3-4 tablespoons of water. Warm the sauce and melt over low heat, use a whisk to assist.
- Drop the Mafaldine into boiling salted water. Allow to cook for 2-2.5 minutes. Let your water unbundle the pasta, give it a stir to assist.
- Strain the pasta into a basket or colander, or remove with a wire skimmer.
- Transfer to pan with the Mushroom Ragù.
- Allow to simmer together for 1-2 minutes over medium high heat, gently tipping the pan away from and back toward you, or use a rotating motion to keep your pasta moving. You just want to avoid allowing the pasta to sit in one spot where they may get stuck to the pan. If the sauce seems a little tight, add a splash of water, bring to a simmer and swirl the pan one last time. Remove from heat.
- Once the pasta appears glazed and well coated, serve and enjoy.
- Parmesan, pecorino or any grated cheese you like
- Picked rotisserie chicken
- Lightly wilted spinach or kale
- More fresh herbs - minced parsley, chive, tarragon
Pasta: Semolina, Farro, Egg, Water, Salt
Sauce: Mushrooms, Cream, Mascarpone, Olive Oil, Shallot, Garlic, Red Wine Vinegar, Salt, Black Pepper, Tarragon, Parsley, Chive, Chervil