- In a stockpot, bring water to a boil, season with 1 Tbsp salt/L of water.
- In a separate pan large enough to contain the pasta and sauce, add the Creamy Mushroom Ragù with 4-5 Tbsp pasta water. Warm the sauce over low heat until melted.
- Drop the Linguine into the salted water. Once it floats, stir to loosen the bundle and continue cooking for 2-2.5 minutes. If you prefer them more tender, cook another minute.
- Gently strain the pasta into a basket or colander, or remove with a wire skimmer.
- Transfer to pan with the sauce and bring a few more tablespoons pasta water along with it.
- Allow to simmer together for 1.5 to 2 minutes over medium high heat, gently tipping the pan away from and back toward you, or use a rotating motion to keep your pasta moving. You just want to avoid the pasta sitting in one place and getting stuck to the pan. If the sauce appears tight, add a splash of water to the pan, return to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Once the pasta appears glazed and well coated, remove from heat, serve and enjoy.
- Parmesan, pecorino or any grated cheese you like
- Additional cracked black pepper
- Toasted bread crumbs (combine panko with enough olive oil to coat and toast in a 350F oven for 5-8 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes - season with salt, remove when golden brown, cool on paper towels)
Pasta: Semolina, Egg, Water, Stinging Nettles, Salt
Sauce: Shiitake, Beech and Maitake Mushrooms, Red Wine Vinegar, Cream, Shallot, Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt, Chive, Chervil, Parsley, Tarragon, Olive Oil, Butter, Thyme, Rosemary