- In a stockpot, bring water to a boil, season with 1 Tbsp salt/L of water.
- In a separate pan large enough to contain the pasta and sauce, add the Pesto with 3-4 Tbsp pasta water. Warm the sauce over low heat.
- Drop the Trenette into boiling salted water. Allow to cook for about 2.5-3 minutes. Allow to cook longer if you like less al dente.
- Strain the pasta into a basket or colander, or remove with a wire skimmer.
- Transfer to pan with the sauce and bring a few more tablespoons pasta water along with it.
- Allow to simmer together for 1-1.5 minutes over medium high heat, gently tipping the pan away from and back toward you, or use a rotating motion to keep your pasta moving. You just want to avoid the pasta sitting in one place and getting stuck to the pan. If the sauce appears oily, add a few splashes of pasta water to the pan, return to a simmer, then remove from heat. Adding small amounts of water will make it "creamier"
- Once the pasta appears glazed and well coated, remove from heat, serve and enjoy.
- Parmesan, pecorino or any grated cheese you like
- Fresh sliced cherry tomatoes, Mozzarella, Smoked Mozzarella
- Fresh squeeze of lemon over final plate
Pasta: Semolina Rimacinata, 00 Pasta Flour, Egg, Salt, Egg
Sauce: Basil, Olive Oil, Garlic, Pine Nuts, Salt, Parmesan