- In a stockpot, bring water to a boil, season with 1 Tbsp salt/L of water.
- In a separate pan large enough to contain the pasta and sauce, add the Short Rib Tócco with 4-5 Tbsp pasta water. Warm the sauce over low heat until melted.
- Drop the Pappardelle into the salted water. Once they float, stir and continue cooking for 2 minutes. If you prefer them more tender, cook another minute.
- Gently strain the pasta into a basket or colander, or remove with a wire skimmer.
- Transfer to pan with the sauce and bring a few more tablespoons pasta water along with it.
- Allow to simmer together for 1.5 to 2 minutes over medium high heat, gently tipping the pan away from and back toward you, or use a rotating motion to keep your pasta moving. You just want to avoid the pasta sitting in one place and getting stuck to the pan. If the sauce appears tight, add a splash of water to the pan, return to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Once the pasta appears glazed and well coated, remove from heat, serve and enjoy.
- Parmesan, pecorino or any grated cheese you like
- Fresh ricotta dollop
- Fresh herbs like minced chives, parsley or basil.
- Splash of olive oil or butter at the end
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Drizzle of aged balsamico
Pasta: 00 Pasta Flour, Semolina Rimacinata, Egg, Tarragon, Chive, Sage, Chervil
Sauce: Short Ribs, Red Wine, Clove, Fennel Seed, Black Pepper, Parsley, Rosemary, Thyme, Carrot, Onion, Celery, Tomato Paste, Beef + Chicken Brodo, Lambrusco Vinegar, Salt