- Bring water to a boil, season with 1.5 Tbsp Salt/L of water
- In a separate pan large enough to contain the pasta and sauce, add the Vodka Sauce with 2-3 tablespoons of water. Warm the sauce and melt over low heat.
- Drop Canestri in boiling water. Allow to cook for 2.5 minutes (avoid dropping these in water that hasn't reached a boil yet, or they will be soft!)
- Strain the pasta into a basket or colander, or remove with a wire skimmer.
- Transfer to pan with the vodka sauce.
- Allow to simmer together for 1-2 minutes over medium high heat, gently tipping the pan away from and back toward you, or use a rotating motion to keep your pasta moving. You just want to avoid allowing the pasta to sit in one spot where they may get stuck to the pan.
- Once the pasta appears glazed and well coated, serve and enjoy.
- Parmesan, pecorino or any grated cheese you like
- A smoky cheese (i.e. Scamorza) would be lovely, too
- This sauce is vegetarian, but you could add crumbled or link Italian sausage or pancetta, cooked in the pan before Step 2
- Another great idea is to add our Meatballs.
Pasta: Semolina, Egg, Salt, Water
Sauce: Butter, Water, Vidalia Onion, Calabrian Chile puree, Vodka, San Marzano Tomato, Mascarpone, Cream, Salt, Lambrusco Vinegar