Cooking Instructions for 3/5
In a stockpot, bring water to a boil, season with 1.5 Tbsp Salt/L of water
- In a separate pan large enough to contain the pasta and sauce, 1/4C water and the sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer and stir.
- Drop Bucatini in water, allow to cook for 2-2.5 minutes. Once they hit the water, give them a gentle stir with a wooden spoon or spatula, allow any noodles to untangle in the water. Avoid trying to do it before as they may break. There should be enough room for them to spread out and boil properly.
- Keep the sauce on a simmer.
- Add a few splashes of seasoned pasta water to sauce. Strain the Bucatini and discard the remaining water. Add pasta to pan with sauce.
- Allow to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes over medium high heat, gently tipping the pan away from and toward you, or use a rotating motion to keep your pasta moving. You just want to avoid allowing the pasta to sit in one spot where it may get stuck to the pan. Using tongs or a wooden spoon/rubber spatula is best here.
- Once the pasta appears glazed and well coated, plate and serve.
- Pecorino is tradition, keep it simple!
- If you'd like this more garlicky, toast a few slivers of garlic in oil before Step 2.
- Traditionally this is a simple dish based on the richeness of the guanciale, pecorino and egg already in the sauce. Fresh pecorino or parmesan to finish is all you need!
Pasta: Semolina, Egg, Salt, Water
Sauce: Smoking Goose (IN) Guanciale, Black Pepper, Pecorino Cream, Pecorino Broth, Egg, Salt
Artichoke & Crescenza Agnolotti
- Bring water to a boil, season with 1.5 Tbsp Salt/L of water
- In a separate pan large enough to contain the pasta and sauce, add the Artichoke sauce with 2-3 tablespoons of water. Warm the sauce and melt over low heat.
- Drop Agnolotti in boiling water. Allow to cook for 2.5-3 minutes. Test the seam of the pasta for doneness. The pocket containing the filling will always be more tender.
- Strain the pasta into a basket or colander, or remove with a wire skimmer.
- Transfer to pan with the Artichoke sauce
- Allow to simmer together for 1- 2 minutes over medium high heat, gently tipping the pan away from and back toward you, or use a rotating motion to keep your pasta moving. You just want to avoid allowing the pasta to sit in one spot where they may get stuck to the pan.
- Once the pasta appears glazed and well coated, serve and enjoy.
- Ricotta Salata, Parmesan, Pecorino or any grated cheese you like.
- A smoky cheese (i.e. Scamorza) would be lovely, too.
- Fresh Basil, Chives, or any fresh herbs you love
- Spinach or kale would be a natural additions to fold at the end
Pasta: Egg Yolks, 00 Pasta Flour, Salt
Filling: Baby Artichokes, Oil, Salt, Garlic, Shallot, Anise Seed, Fennel, White Wine, Parmesan, Bellwether Crescenza Cheese
Sauce: Baby Artichokes, Oil, Salt, Garlic, Shallot, Anise Seed, Fennel, White Wine, Cream, Butter, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest
Herb Oil: Grapeseed Oil, Tarragon, Chive